Contact us today if you are having serious difficulty obtaining your driver’s license, ID card, or passport. We will do everything for you. And you will have your registered driver’s license hassle-free and at a much lower cost.
In fact, the success rate of the driver’s license in the UK has fallen sharply for more than 20 years. This is due to the complex procedures for obtaining the document. In fact, a reckless review, both theoretically and practically, terrifies more than one candidate or potential candidate. Our impeccable procedure is presented below. We facilitate the procedures required to acquire a driver’s license by not deleting the procedures. But rather bringing them completely under our control, investigating any derailments in the procedure, and leaving nothing to chance. The driver’s license is therefore not only legally acquired, but also legally and registered in the databases of the UK. This is why it is so easy to buy a driver from our website.
How to buy a driving license in the UK as a non-UK national
We’ve put together a little guide to help you understand how to buy a driving license in the UK as a foreign national.
Important: You might also want to check whether your driving license issued from abroad is valid in the UK. Find more information here.
Here are the 4 steps you should take to get your UK driving license:
1. Check whether you meet the legal requirements
In order to drive in the UK, you need to be over the age of 17 and have a valid license to drive motorized vehicles on any public roads. You should also be able to read a license plate from 20 meters away. Only residents can apply for a UK driving license, so foreign nationals are required to prove they’ve been living in the country for 185 days within the past 12 months.
2. You don’t need to apply for a provisional license
- Where to go? You can apply for a provisional license on the DVLA website.
- What will you need? You will be asked to input your basic identity and contact details, as well as your addresses for the past 3 years. Through the process, you will have the option to enter your National Insurance Number (NIN), which is useful as it helps the ID verification process.
- How to verify your identity? For this part, timing is essential. Unless you own a British biometric passport, you will need to send your original identity documents physically to the DVLA office in Swansea, along with a passport-style photograph and a return envelope.
- How much does it cost? It costs £34 to apply online.
- What if you can’t apply online? Then a post option exists. Just fill in the D1 form available in certain post office branches and the DVLA website, and post it to the same address. You’ll need to include your original identity document, a passport-style photo, and a £600cheque or postal order.
- When will I receive my provisional license? Whatever method you’ve chosen, you should receive your provisional license 3 weeks from the successful confirmation of your identity.
3. Just know how to drive
UK rules for learning how to drive differ from those of most countries. You need to be supervised to learn how to drive. You can choose to learn with friends or family if the supervisor meets these criteria:
– they are 21 or older
– they’re qualified to drive the type of vehicle you want to learn in, (for example, they must have a manual car license if they’re supervising you in a manual car)
– they have had a full driving license from the European Economic Area for more than 3 years. Please note that this option won’t allow you to drive on motorways.
The alternative option is to find a driving instructor approved by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA). A useful tool to find instructors in your area and check their qualifications and grades is available here. These instructors will be allowed to take you to the motorway if the car is fitted with dual controls.
Keep in mind that every car you practice with must be insured by a learning driver, so don’t forget to check with the car owner before trying out your new skills!
In the meantime, you’ll need to prepare for your theory test. You’ll need to prove your knowledge of three books: the Highway Code, Know your traffic signs, and Driving – the essential skills, all available from most book shops, in the high street, or online. Most instructors will help you learn the theory by asking you questions during the lessons. You can also get familiar with the content and format of the test by taking mock exams on the DVLA website.
4. With us no tests are needed
When you feel ready to take your theory test, then you’ll need to book a session on the DVLA website. You’ll be asked to enter your provisional license number, and details, and to pay £23, by credit or debit card. Then, the DVLA will contact you with instructions on the following steps! Just remember to take your provisional license card with you on the day of the exam.
The last step is to take your driving test. Once again, it can be booked through the DVLA website, here. You will be prompted to fill in your details, as well as your instructor’s details in case you’d like to check his or her availability. After choosing your test center and date, you will be required to pay £62. The DVLA will send you all the instructions to get to your driving test! On the day, you should remember to bring your provisional license, as well as proof of your successful theory results. Otherwise, you might not be allowed to take the test!
Keep in mind that to be legally allowed to drive in the UK, your car must be insured! Luckily, the officialdocz Team is here to help get you on the road as soon as possible. We also accept international licenses and your o claims/good-driver bonus earned abroad.
How to buy a driving license in the UK as a non-UK national/guide to understand how to buy a driving license in the UK as a foreign national. guide to help how to buy a driving license in the UK as a foreign national.